Here’s all the information you need to catch the 2022 NBA Draft, including live stream information for how to watch.
The NBA Draft is drawing near, putting a nice finishing touch on an excellent 2022 season. The world’s best collegiate and international players will collectively be holding their breaths waiting for their names to be called on this historical evening.
Set to take place right before NBA’s free agency officially begins on July 1, the draft can make or break both contending teams and rebuilding teams, providing either side with a potential building block or a total bust.
The Orlando Magic will have the first pick of the draft, as they were awarded the No.1 pick in this year’s NBA Draft Lottery. Orlando is expected to select Auburn’s Jabari Smith Jr. who would add to an already stacked system.
Notably, this year’s event will consist of 58 picks instead of the typical 60 as both the Milwaukee Bucks and Miami Heat lost a second-round pick for violating the NBA’s tampering rules.
When is the NBA Draft?
This year’s draft is scheduled to take place on Thursday, June 23 at the Barclays Center in New York City, home of the Brooklyn Nets. This year’s event marks a return to the draft’s typical June date after both the 2020 and 2021 installments were postponed due to COVID-19.
What time is the NBA Draft?
The event is set to begin at 8:00 p.m. ET.
What channel is the NBA Draft on?
The event annually airs on ESPN and will continue that trend this year. The first round of the draft will also be airing on ABC with the second round airing only on ESPN. Coverage on ESPN typically begins well before the draft itself with a ton of pre-draft action.
Where can the NBA Draft be streamed?
Subscribers to streaming networks including DIRECTV, Sling TV, Hulu + Live TV, YouTube TV and fuboTV will be able to stream the event. However, only YouTube TV and fuboTV come with free seven-day trials, meaning a subscription can be started and ended before the seven-day trial is up. Totally cancellable once the event has concluded.
Full NBA Draft order:
2. Oklahoma City
8. New Orleans (from Los Angeles Lakers)
9. San Antonio
11. New York
12. Oklahoma City (from LA Clippers)
15. Charlotte (from New Orleans)
17. Houston (from Brooklyn)
20. San Antonio (from Toronto)
22. Memphis (from Utah)
25. San Antonio (from Boston)
28. Golden State
30. Oklahoma City (from Phoenix)
31. Indiana (from Houston via Cleveland)
33. Toronto (from Detroit via San Antonio, Washington and Chicago)
34. Oklahoma City
35. Orlando (from Indiana via Milwaukee)
38. San Antonio (from Los Angeles Lakers via Chicago and Washington)
39. Cleveland (from San Antonio via Utah)
40. Minnesota (from Washington via Cleveland)
41. New Orleans
42. New York
43. LA Clippers
46. Detroit (from Brooklyn)
47. Memphis (from Cleveland via New Orleans and Atlanta)
49. Sacramento (from Chicago via Memphis and Detroit)
50. Minnesota (from Denver via Philadelphia)
51. Golden State (from Toronto via Philadelphia)
52. New Orleans (from Utah)
— Milwaukee (forfeited)
— Miami (from Philadelphia via Denver; forfeited by Miami)
54. Washington (from Dallas)
55. Golden State
56. Cleveland (from Miami via Indiana)
57. Portland (from Memphis via Utah)
58. Indiana (from Phoenix)