The Boston Celtics swept the Brooklyn Nets, and now look to eliminate the defending NBA champion Milwaukee Bucks in the second round of the playoffs.
The Boston Celtics were the first team to advance in the Eastern Conference portion of the NBA playoffs, as they swept the Brooklyn Nets team led by Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving. Now, they take on the defending NBA champion Milwaukee Bucks, who eliminated the rival Chicago Bulls in five games.
This could very well be the most anticipated series of the second round. The winner between Boston and Milwaukee could very well represent the East in the NBA Finals.
For fans wondering what the schedule is for the Boston-Milwaukee series, we have you covered.
Boston Celtics vs. Milwaukee Bucks playoff schedule
Here is the full schedule of the second round series between Boston and Milwaukee:
- Game 1: Bucks at Celtics, Sunday, May 1 at 1:00 p.m. ET on ABC
- Game 2: Bucks at Celtics, Tuesday, May 3 at 7:00 p.m. ET on TNT
- Game 3: Celtics at Bucks, Saturday, May 7 at 3:30 p.m. ET on ABC
- Game 4: Celtics at Bucks, Monday, May 9 at 7:30 p.m. ET on TNT
- Game 5 (if necessary): Bucks at Celtics, Wednesday, May 11 at TBD on TNT
- Game 6 (if necessary): Celtics at Bucks, Friday, May 13 at TBD on ESPN
- Game 7 (if necessary): Bucks at Celtics, Sunday, May 15
Boston Celtics vs. Milwaukee Bucks prediction
This series could go either way. Even though Milwaukee lost Khris Middleton in the first round due to an MCL sprain, they advanced with relative ease. Yet, it was revealed that Middleton will be out for the entire series against Boston.
After a slow start to the season, Boston was the hottest team in the second half of the regular season, as they went 31-10 after starting off 20-21. They made the statement of all statement in the first round as they sent the Nets, whom many picked as favorites to win the Larry O’Brien trophy, packing in just four games.
This will be a tough battle between both teams, but it’s Boston who will advance, and it will require all seven games.
Prediction: Celtics in 7