Would the Mavericks, after being unable to come to a long-term deal with restricted free agent Nerlens Noel this summer, really bury him on the bench out of spite? Or is there a strategic reason for a 1-7 team to keep a versatile big man with a team-best +10 net rating playing less than 20 minutes a game? Well far be it from me, a barely employed podcaster, to question an NBA champion coach Rick Carlisle on his lineup decisions.
To do that, I’ll bring on guest Dave DuFour (On The NBA with Coach Dave, BBallBreakdown). Dave joins the latest episode of Fastbreak Breakfast to help answer if there’s a basketball reason why Noel isn’t playing more, or if the “depress his free agent value” or “petty revenge” theories hold any water. In addition to the goings on in Dallas, we cover the following topics:
- Detroit, Indiana, and Charlotte are all over .500. Which of those teams is playing the most over their head?
- If you had to win a game tonight, who would you rather have: Darren Collison or George Hill?
- Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid have fulfilled expectations so far. How does that affect Philadelphia’s goals for the season?
- Will the Magic able to keep winning once their 3-point field goal percentage inevitably comes down?
- Are the Heat going to be able to recapture any of the magic from the end of last season?
- Way too early playoff predictions: will the Nuggets, Trail Blazers, Jazz and Grizzlies all get in?
Original music provided by Codaphonic
Interact with Fastbreak Breakfast NBA Podcast
More from Fastbreak Breakfast NBA Podcast
Thanks for listening, supporting, rating, downloading and commenting!