With all the high number off All-Stars switching teams this summer (and the ones that are apparently about to), it’s seemingly been forgotten that the Pelicans shocked the league by acquiring DeMarcus Cousins to pair with Anthony Davis last year. And with an offseason and training camp to perfect the fit of the two star big men, fans in New Orleans are excited, even if no one else appears to be.
One of these excited fans is Chris Trew (@christrew). Chris is a comedy and wrestling promoter who writes about the NBA for Uproxx.com and Pelicans.com, and also has a seat in the Smoothie King Center right behind the visitor bench. He joins the latest episode of Fastbreak Breakfast to share his mostly unbridled optimism along with some of his favorite interactions with opposing players.
- How do the Pelicans adapt to the Solomon Hill injury? Who will step up in his absence?
- Among the Western Conference teams, which ones can be overtaken for a playoff spot? What are the odds the Pelicans can get in?
- If the season starts poorly, what will be the longterm ramifications? Would the team pivot and attempt to trade away Cousins, Davis or Jrue Holiday?
- Do New Orleans fans even like the Pelicans mascot?
- Which NBA player shared a believable Super Bowl conspiracy theory?
- What will it take to finally start a Grizzlies/Pelicans blood feud?
Original music provided by Codaphonic