After a lackluster playoffs where the prohibitive favorite Warriors coasted to a predicted championship, this offseason has been a welcomed change of pace. Stunning trades and even more stunning trade demands have given July the excitement and suspense that were often missing in May and June. And then Summer League showed that this draft class might indeed live up to some lofty expectations and infuse a few of the more moribund franchises with needed hope.
And so with free agents finding new homes, stars switching teams and rookies poised to break out, one of the biggest questions that will need to be answered is: How does this affect my 16 team dynasty fantasy basketball league?
To help answer that question and to offer some early fantasy basketball prognostication, Josh Lloyd (@redrock_bball) joins the latest episode of Fastbreak Breakfast. Josh is a fantasy analyst for Basketball Monster and the host of the Locked on Fantasy Basketball podcast.
A few of the topics covered:
- After assessing the NBA Draft and Summer League, which rookies project to be the best fantasy performers?
- How much of a drop-off will Russell Westbrook and James Harden experience from the astronomical statistics they posted in 2016-17?
- Will joining new teams affect the fantasy values of Jimmy Butler, Paul Millsap and Gordon Hayward?
- Can a change of scenery help Victor Oladipo finally provide the production that fantasy owners keep hoping for?
- What are the best settings in a Head to Head league and why should the “Turnovers” category be avoided?
- Does Kyrie Irving have an explanation why it is the middle of winter where Josh lives in the Southern Hemisphere while most of the US is enduring a blazingly hot summer?
Original music provided by Codaphonic